Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Carnival

Someone asked me why I didn't blog about Mardi Gras.  As far as I can tell, if you're doing it right you have no clear memories of Mardi Gras.  It's all a blur of brightly colored beads, screaming, slightly less brightly colored floats, music, and multicolored flashing lights.  I didn't attain that level of Nirvana, but I had enough fun to be thoroughly tired out long before the Blue Parade rolled.  Got some good throws though, including two strings of glass beads.

I hear that permanent residents of New Orleans hate Mardi Gras.  This was only my second Carnival season as a resident, but I foresee trouble ahead.  Or, as my boyfriend put it, staring at the huge pile of beads on our living room floor, "If we continue to live here I don't see how I can keep doing this every year."

No comments:

Post a Comment